VMware Workstation 7.0 - The program is designed for workstations, enables a computer to emulate a standalone working environment of the operating system and work with him as with the conventional system. Using this method you can install different operating systems and applications for them, go online and engage in daily tasks, but with somewhat slower speeds. The benefit of this method is the ability to test various software under various operating systems, without adversely harm the current system, installed on my main computer, as well as some test hardware solutions. It can make life easier for developers to significantly cross-platform applications and lovers to work with the new OS.
Among the new features VMware Workstation 7:
- Enhancements to support 3D. OpenGL 2.1 and Shader Model 3.0 are supported in virtual machines, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. (Indirectly, this should mean support for Aero in Windows Vista - ca. From the author's news).
- Support for the new model drivers Windows Display Driver Model for Windows 7 - There is only 2D acceleration and support only one monitor, the driver uses 32MB RAM. If you want to run 3d applications in Windows 7, you must configure it to use the old SVGAII driver from VMWare.
- Support vSphere 4.0 and ESX support. Professionals can now run these technologies as guest operating systems to check how they are suited to your organization. ESX is currently supported only on processors that support hardware acceleration for virtualization (all Intel Core 2 and above, AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2/Phenom and above).
- Support for multiprocessing expanded to four-SMP systems, which allows you to use all the capabilities of your equipment. VMWare allows you to allocate for the guest system with four virtual single-core processors with two dual-core and one quad.
- Virtual allows you to print even without installing the printer to print on all printers on the host OS - the printers are added to the guest OS automatically and does not require a network.
- Download VMWare tools on the Internet on demand. VMWare added the ability to download via the Internet the latest version of VMWare Tools including for the new OS, which will improve support for new systems without waiting for the release of new version of VMWare WorkStation.
- AutoProtect - snapshot'ov possibility of creating a new virtual machine on a schedule for the possibility of rapid recovery of the guest OS.
- Encrypting the virtual machine - VMWare now supports encryption (AES 128-bit) and password protection of virtual machines. Running these machines works in VMWare Player.
- Support for IPv6 was added to the connection type bridge (direct connection to the virtual machine's physical network).
- Support for ALSA. Finally VMWare has support audio output to ALSA, which will simultaneously output sound from the host OS and a guest without blocking the sound device.
- Pause - an opportunity that was in VirtualBox from the outset, appeared in VMWare. Now you can temporarily stop the implementation of guest OS and free up resources for the system.
- Improvements in technology Drag and Drop. Support drag and drop images, formatted e-mail attachments and zip folders is now supported in Windows, and in Linux.
- Improved support for debugging the guest OS mode replay ( "play"). Read the documentation.
- Expanding virtual disks. It is now possible to expand virtual disks and Windows Vista and Windows 7 can take advantage of this opportunity without having to run additional software (Linux LVM should also support this feature - approx. Author News).
- Linux OS can now mount the virtual disk images via Fuse.
- Improved interface of virtual networks.
- Centralized collection of information for customer service - you can easily push a button to collect detailed information about the guest and the host system, compress it and send it in to tech support or attach to the forums VMWare.
Ultimate Desktop Virtualization Product for Windows 7
Run Windows 7 in a virtual machine with the industry's first support for Windows Aero 3D graphics. Easy Install makes installing 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 in a virtual machine even easier than on your physical PC. VMware Workstation 7 works with Flip 3D and Aero Peek to show live thumbnails of your virtual machines. Better than Windows XP Mode, you can run Windows XP with 3D graphics, faster performance, and tighter integration with Unity, shared folders and drag and drop convenience. VMware Workstation is optimized for maximum performance when running on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 PCs.
Best 3D Graphics Just Got Better
VMware Workstation was the first to support 3D graphics in virtualized environments and is now the first to support Windows Aero in Windows Vista and Windows 7 virtual machines. Run even more 3D applications with support for DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.13D graphics in Windows virtual machines.
Most Advanced Virtualization Platform
Create virtual machines with up to 4 virtual processors or 4 virtual cores and up to 32GB of memory per virtual machine. Driverless printing makes your PC printers automatically accessible to your Windows and Linux virtual machines-no configuration or drivers required. Smart card authentication enables you to dedicate a Smart Card reader to a virtual machines or share access.
Features Professionals Cannot Live Without
• Install and run VMware vSphere 4 and VMware ESXi in a virtual machine
• New IDE integrations for the SpringSource Tools Suite and Eclipse IDE for C / C + +
• Replay debugging is now easier and faster
• Remote Replay Debugging makes it easier to share virtual machine recordings for analysis
More Refined Than Ever
Protect from Prying Eyes
Protect your virtual machines from prying eyes with 256-bit AES encryption.
Printing that Just Works
Driver-less printing makes your PC printers automatically accessible to your Windows and Linux VMs-no configuration or drivers required. Your PC's default printer even shows up as the default, too.
Go Back in Time
Buggy applications, hardware failures, viruses and other malware do not give you fair warning to take a manual snapshot. AutoProtect luckily automatically takes snapshots at set intervals, protecting you from unexpected bumps in the road, making it's easy to go back in time to when things were good.
Free Up System Resources
Pause a virtual machine to free up CPU resources for use by other running virtual machines or demanding applications.